Sunday, April 15, 2012

Borrego Springs, CA

It was Friday night near the Borrego-Palm Canyon Campground at Anza-Borrego Desert State Park when the Storm hit us. The wind and rain lasted till Saturday morning, but our motorhome provided us with a comfortable shelter that evening.
Saturday morning I got up and stepped out of the motorhome to begin work for our departure home, when I was pleasantly surprised to see a dust of snow on top of San Yasidro Peak.



That scene reminded me of the years I had spent living in Borrego Springs. It was good to have one more visit before the summer heat made it appearance. I had spent 8 1/2 years assigned to Anaza-Borrego Desert State park as a patrol ranger. The desert landscape, the quiet surroundings of the desert had become an influenace in my spiritual mind set. The desert will always be a special place for me.

I was visiting in Borrego Springs because I was instructing a Wildland Firefighter course for park staff. It was a chance for me to visit friends while I was there. Our Class C rig was our home during the stay.

On a side note - Jean wanted me to also mention a camping item we use alot when we travel. It is the Coleman Stove Top Coffee maker. We have had this coffee maker for a long time and it really makes a great 10 cup pot of coffee.

We first saw this coffee maker at a Trail Days event campout. Our friend Rich Pinder was using one and of course it caught our interest. So first chance we had I found one and bought it.

Well when your camping, electricity is a rare commodity, but the coffee maker sits on top of your stove top and brews coffee for you.





You can find the Coleman Stove Top Coffee Maker at Traget, Basspro, Cabel's, Walmart or many other campin sporting good stores. It's easy to use and only require heat from your stove to work.

Coffeemaker: Camping Coffeemaker (Model No. 5008C700) Quick Specs• Drip-brews coffee, just like your coffeemaker at home
• Use it to make hot cocoa, hot cider or instant soup too
• Removable swing-out filter basket
• Solid steel base
• Easy pour decanter
• Brewing pause-n-serve feature
• Works with 2- and 3-burner camp stoves

No comments:

Post a Comment