Monday, March 3, 2014

Camping with the Elks

About a year and half ago I joined the Simi Valley Elks and became a member of their camping club know as the "Happy Wanderer". Every second Tuesday of the month we have a monthly meeting to discuss current Elks and club business affairs and to go over the current camping scheduled for the next few months. Jean and I have managed to participate in a few of the scheduled camp-outs;  like Newport Dunes and Santa Barbara.

Well it was finally my time to step up to the plate and become a Wagon Master. So I organized a camp-out at Leo Carrillo State Park. I contacted the Sector office and pulled a special event permit for us to dry camp at the North Beach day use area for a few nights in February.

When the time came to go camping, I had 13 rigs make the outing. Everyone who attended had a great time and the weather was outstanding.

For a quick story hit the link
http://www.happywanderers.net/Reviews%20&%20Articles%20pdf/Feb%20campout%202014-a.pdf


Nice sunny day for the Elks campers

Relaxing

early morning coffee and Bloody Marys

Enjoying the view

Special Ranger talk was enjoyed by the Elks campers





No comments:

Post a Comment